Monday, September 29, 2008

Riding the Spine Continues

My Mom and Dad with my 3 sons
The family picture at Jacob's farewell



My son Jacob spent the last 2 months at home with his dad and I while working furiously on creating websites for people to earn more money to continue his journey into S. America. They left 2 weeks ago and according to my last conversation with Jacob they leave from Panama today paddling kayaks loaded with their bikes and gear to Cartagena which is 500 miles away.  Yes, I wasn't to thrilled with the idea but he assured me they will be fine and he will be careful. He then tells me it is far safer than walking their bikes through Columbia where a whole squad of police were kidnapped 2 days earlier.  Isn't that reassuring? 
In any case, I thought it would be fun to share a few pictures of the commotion in our house while Jacob, Goat and JJ were packing their gear.

1 comment:

Kurt and Alisha said...

That night was very entertaining. :) I enjoyed just sitting back and watching them try to pack ALL that stuff into as few boxes as possible. But they did it. They are determined, that is for sure.