Thursday, June 7, 2007

Job Dilemma

What a dilemma, I'm ready to make a decision about taking a job with the Kern Co. Supt. of Schools and it is very difficult decision. I work in a job now where I feel very comfortable with all of my schools and principals, have lots of very wonderful friends and students that I work with and it is really a pretty easy job. I am looking at taking on a very challenging, but, and this is a big but, the new job will be much more personally satisfying with many more opportunities to make an impact on the health and well being of children. I feel that it is a job that I will be respected as a school nurse and that my input and creativity will be valued.

OK, sounds good, the down side is I don't get credit for all my experience and my salary will start out basically the same as it is now but the ceiling cap on the new job is $20,000 more than my current job. I will be working more days and an hour longer each day. They have offered me as many extra days as I want to make up for the salary loss (who wants to work more?). They also assure me that in less than two years I'll be far higher than I would be if I stayed where I am. They are getting a probable 4% increase in July. That doesn't sound all that bad if expenses for a dog show, vet bill or a cruise come up! Another big plus is I make my own schedule!!! That is a big PLUS.

OK, so, keep me in your thoughts and prayers as I consider my options and make my decision. I know God has plans for me,to give me a future and a hope . Pray that I keep myself open to his guidance . KIM

No comments: