Sunday, June 10, 2007

Follow-up


I just thought I should follow-up with my decision on my job dilema. Well, I signed the contract with KCSOS!!!! It was a very stressful week but I feel very good about my decision. It was very difficult to go into work on Friday and tell people I'd worked closely with for 17 years that I wouldn't be returning. I was emotional at times and it was difficult to clean out my belongings, wipe-out my computer and drive away from a job that has been very good to me. However, I am confident that I am going into this new job with assurance that this is where I am supposed to go. I'm excited about the change and looking forward to see where this job will take me in the field of school nursing.

While I was cleaning out my belongings the other nurses were already dividing up my schools and my supervisor was having my job posted. Now, I'm not saying they aren't going to miss me but, they didn't miss a beat, I am replaceable!!!! LOL

On a brighter note, my little grandaughter Aubrey turned 9 months old on the 8th of June and for the next 3 weeks I get to take care of her while her mom and dad are teaching summer school. I'm very excited about spending time with her and looking forward to some time off before starting my new job.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yay for the job and thanks for taking such great care of her! P.S. thanks for organizing the pantry WOW..much better!