Monday, April 2, 2007







This past weekend was warm and sunny at the Kern County Kennel Club Dog Show where I had entered Gage in Rally Novice and Mick in Novice Obedience. Saturday was very hot and Brad, Justin, Barbie and Aubrey came to cheer me on . The picture shows Barbie and Aubrey, Aubrey is showing off her darling hat that was very useful in the sun.



Gage took a 4th place on Saturday earning his second leg towards his RN title and then on Sunday he placed 2nd with a score of 92 and earned him his new title. Pretty good for a 10 month old pup, he is such a lot of fun to work with and loves all the attention.



Mick, well Mick is Mick and if you know him you know what I mean. In any case, I entered him knowing it was probably premature but I needed the experience and it was our home town so at least I didn't have to travel to get the experience or should I say exercise in humility? Mick did not qualify on Saturday as he chose to sit stay during off lead and then took two calls for a recall. So, on Sunday I knew Mick could do it but would he? LOL, Once again it was a warm day and we entered the ring and Mick did fine on lead, missed a sit but was doing well, did the Figure 8 like a champ and now it was time for off lead. Well, he did fantastic , turning, sitting, changing pace, u-turn and then at the second u-turn we turned in a shady area and instead of following me out of the shade he decided to sit in the shade and watch me. Imagine my shock when I turned back and saw that grinning face looking at me from the shade!!!! Oh well! He finished the course, did his recall, sits and downs and would have had a qualifying round if he hadn't sought out the shade. Maybe next time, we need to work a little more but the judge did call me over and told me "You have a very, very, smart dog" Got to love a smart dog, Mick is definitely my "thinker" .
Picture 1 is Mick doing the Figure 8, Picture 2 is Barbie and Aubrey, Picture 3 is Gage and I after getting his 2nd Leg in Rally.

2 comments:

Lynn said...

KIM YOU SURE ARE THE BUSY ONE. PROUD OF YOUR OBEDIENT DOGS. LET ME KNOW NEXT TIME YOU ARE CLOSE BY AND SHOWING YOUR DOGS. LOOKS LIKE FUN IN THE SUN. LYNN

Anonymous said...

Just wanted to point out how thin you look in the picture with Mick! GREAT JOB GRANDMA!