Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Minimally Invasive???? 7 inch SCAR!

Well, I survived the total knee replacement and if I'm able, I will place the picture of my knee at the bottom of the page so it won't just be staring at you when you open my blog but I'm not always able to position my pictures where I want. In any case it has been one week and one day since my surgery and I am doing great!! I am so amazed at the lack of pain, I keep telling people it is more like "discomfort" due to the swelling but it isn't like surgical pain. I have a home Physical Therapist and am already getting around without a walker or a cane, can stand on the new knee one legged and am bending more each day. My therapist says she's never had a patient with this much movement and this much tolerance for pain before but she also agree it has something to do with having a very good surgeon. It is such a relief that the surgery is over and I am well on the road to recovery. Thanks for all the prayers and well wishes.


This picture of my knee at a funny angle but the incision is seven inches long, there is some purple ink visible from measurements also. Hmmmm.... when they said minimally invasive I was hoping for a 3-4 inch scar.



No comments: