Monday, November 10, 2008

Puppies?



For the past year as I have been showing Saucie I've wondered in the back of my mind if I would ever get the courage up to breed her. Now, I know that doesn't sound like a difficult decision but "Toy" dogs can have a lot of difficulties and frequently require C-Sections.  The pregnancy could also put Saucie at risk.
Well, after a lot of thought, a lot of looking into who would be a good stud for Saucie I decided to go through with it.  Saucie came into season about 6-8 weeks sooner than I expected so all the decisions had to be made very quickly.  I took her to the vet on Thursday and had a Progesterone Level drawn that indicated the time to breed was NOW!!!
I traveled to Reseda on Friday and Sunday where she was bred with a beautiful little cream sable boy that was imported from Italy and owned by Leesa.  I'm excited and hopeful that my next little show dog will be in this litter but a healthy, free whelped litter of puppies with great temperments is my biggest desire.

1 comment:

Barbie said...

Well shoot, now that everyone(everything) in the family is expecting...I better hurry up and join the fun!