Wednesday, April 30, 2008

LOVE YOU DAD



Last Friday I received a call that my dad was taken by ambulance to the Heart Hospital with an infection and that his blood pressure and heart rate were extremely low. As it turns out , he was one very, very sick man and stayed in CCU over the weekend and then was moved to a regular floor prior to discharge. Apparently he had a UTI that went into sepsis which led to collapse of his vascular system thus causing blood pressure and heart rate issues. He also has some history of bundle blockage of his heart and CHF. Thanks to antibiotics,Dopamine, doctors, nurses and a lot of prayer he is on the road to recovery.

My dad turned 83 years old this month and really has had very few major health issues so our family's world was put into a tailspin to see him so ill. God has blessed me with a very loving, caring and Christ loving father.I'm happy to report that dad is recovering and was discharged from the hospital Tuesday evening to go back to Assisted Living in Rosewood Gardens. He has a lot of healing to get his strength back but we are so thankful to have him feeling so much better.
LOVE YOU DAD!



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

We love him too and we're so happy he's feeling better. It's never easy seeing your loved ones so sick.

Kurt and Alisha said...

Kurt and I are so glad that he is feeling better. I think it was that hazelnut skinny decaf latte. LOL I am sure that just hit the spot and perked him right up.. oh and maybe the meds too. They might have helped a little. But either way we are just happy that he is getting better. We love him. :)

Holly and Stephen said...

We love you too grandpa. I'm glad to know he's back home.

Annie said...

love you and miss you grandpa. glad you are back! thanks for posting this kim