Sunday, November 25, 2007

I'm On A Roll!!!


This picture is a wind-blown cropped picture of Mick and I at the High Desert Trials in Palmdale on November 11. I kind of looked like the Jolly Pomeranian Giant if I hadn't cropped it so I took out the whole left side!! In any case this was Leg 1 out of a needed 3 legs (qualifying scores) in Rally Excellent. Mick received First Place that day and was an awesome boy!!

The following weekend Mick placed first in Novice Obedience at Paso Robles. Novice Obedience is much stricter and the dog receives no cues or praise so Mick finds it quite boring but obviously he can do it. He is entered in December to hopefully complete his final leg in Novice Obedience and earn his CD.

Now I know, this is boring to most of you but this is my journal!! This past weekend, Nov. 23-24 I traveled to Turlock and Mick completed his Rally Excellent in B class with qualifying scores on both days and on Saturday he received a 95 earning him a Second Place behind a First Place of 96. I am so thrilled at the success I have had in training this little guy ! So , Mick is officially,
Serafina's Mickey Doodle Bug , CGC,RN,RA,RE he has also earned his TDI (Therapy Dog certification but that isn't an AKC title.

OK I saved the best for last, I also entered Saucie this weekend in the Turlock show where over 50 Pomeranians were entered thus making it what is called a 5 point Major Show!!! Those are hard to come by and lots of Professional Handlers were handling the Poms. Saucie was entered in Open Class Bitches and Won FIRST PLACE both days and went on to be RESERVE both days!!! OK, so if dog shows aren't something you are familiar with this doesn't mean much but I am on Cloud 9!!! My first points in a show are still eluding me but she and I have earned Reserve 4 shows in a row and this back to back Reserve at a major is absolutely thrilling!! I am having a blast learning to groom and handle my own dog and people are noticing Saucie and I .On to the next show, I know we are going to get WINNER'S Bitch soon and Best Of Breed, we are oh so close.

3 comments:

Misha Cohen said...

Kim love this photo of you, you look so pretty!!!!

also congrats on all the dog stuff.. and that last pic of aubrey, why hasnt barb posted it...adorable!

-Misha

Kim said...

LOL, I don't think it is supposed to be posted . Isn't it cute? Wow, you thought that was a good photo? Everyone is laughing at it but I did crop it so I didn't look like a GIANT.

Anonymous said...

Kimmie,
I forgot to WARN you on one of our adventures, dog shows are like gambling, very addictive.