Wednesday, November 21, 2007

EMPTY NEST

I went out of town this past weekend and came home to an Empty Nest. Yes, after over 27 years of sharing our home with at least one of our "little boys" , the last one officially left the nest. Our youngest son Kurt, moved into his own apartment as he prepares to get married to Alisha, his fiance and girlfriend since their freshman year in high school in March. I have been excited at the idea of having a bedroom to use for my hobbies like grooming dogs, scrapbooking and just another closet to put seasonal clothing in. However, it is different , the house is quieter, the house is cleaner (although he hasn't gotten everything cleared out yet), I don't see a sleeping boy in his bed till noon or hear the noise of video games. Life is different.

Motherhood is and has been such an important part of my life. God entrusted Brad and I with three wonderful sons and we did our best to raise them to become men of God. We learned to parent, watched them take their first steps, speak their first words, become successful students , wiped tears from their eyes, shared in their triumphs , spent evenings in ER's, shared wonderful holidays and just experienced life as a family. I am so proud of each and everyone of my sons, they are our gift from God .

I look forward to this next chapter in my life..... well, actually I'm well into chapter 2 with the addition of my first grandaughter, Aubrey Paige ..... Ahhhh... isn't God good, he gave me a grandaughter!!! It will be thrilling to see what lies ahead as Justin is completing his Administrative Credential, Jacob is somewhere in Guatemala and Kurt, my dear Kurt is getting ready to get married as he works full-time and finishes school....

As for Brad and I, we are home .... we will be celebrating our 29th Anniversary this year.
I love you Brad, my husband, my lover, the father to our sons ..... WE DID GOOD!!!

The nest on its' way to being emptied. Note that Skyler the ferret is still hanging around till the apartment gets another coat of paint and the desk and computer (sideways) stays till finals are completed for the quarter.

No comments: