Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Advanced Rally Titles for Mick and Gage

This past weekend I traveled to Ventura with a friend I'd met through Bakersfield Obedience Club where we had both entered the Summerfest Show in Rally Advanced. Mick and Gage both needed to qualify on Saturday and Sunday in order to finish their Advanced Title. I knew they were both able to qualify but would they? I'd been working hard with Gage because my happy go lucky worker had suddenly stopped liking to work and I wasn't sure why. With lots of tips and suggestions from my Washington friends Julie and Annette I tried a lot of things to make Gage more interested in competing but found that food was the best incentive for him.

Saturday was windy and cold in Ventura, not just a little breeze but WINDY!! The boys looked like they were going to be blown off the Rally Course but they kept their feet on the ground and both got qualifying scores. Wow! I was thrilled and when we went in on Sunday I was even more thrilled because they both did well and best of all, they had FUN!! Of course , I had fun too and laughed at some of their antics out on the course. Mick even had the distraction of a loose dog running into the ring while he was performing and it stopped the whole event. However, we continued and when it was over, Mick placed 2nd and Gage placed 4th, and they both earned their titles.

So, I am proud to introduce....

Serafina's Mickey Doodle Bug, CGC,RN, RA
and
Rise N Shine's Hot Stuff (Gage) CGC,RN,RA

Don't they look happy?

The second picture is me at our Obedience Club's Award's Dinner which had a "Hollywood" theme so I was dressing the part.

2 comments:

Barbie said...

Lookin Hot Grandma Kim =D

Anonymous said...

Who are you? Dang sister, you continue to amaze me! I love your joy!