Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Elancer's Enchantress of the Night "TESS"


I traveled up to Washington on January 15 with my car fully loaded with my mom, Tess and little Ivy. It was a long drive but I enjoyed having my mom along to have someone to talk to and keep me awake. I arrived in Olympia on Sunday afternoon and my mom took the Amtrak on up to Everett to visit with my sister in Lake Stevens. I then had two days to visit with my good friend Julie Clemen and have her check out Ivy ( to evaluate her structure and size to breed) , get her OFA x-rays done and get ready for the show. On Tuesday afternoon Annette Sullivan,( my other dog show mentor ) and I took off to Portland, Oregon for the Belgian Specialty Show and the Rose City Classic, 5 days of showing of which I had entered 4 days.

January 19, 2011 and I was excited and nervous about going into the ring with Tess for the first time since my neck surgery and it had been over 8 months for both of us (Tess is 20 months). She was washed, brushed, groomed and in SEASON!!! Yikes, I had to keep my distance from all the other dogs so it was kind of lonely being isolated. In any case, we entered Open Bitch class and when the judge pointed to us and said Winners I staggered in surprise and then the tears began flowing. I was so happy and so excited to realize Tess had earned a 5 point major at a Specialty Show!! Well, if you are familiar with dog shows , Winners Bitch goes right back in for Best of Breed competition so I had to get back in control of myself and take some deep breaths and head right back into the ring .

Entering the Best of Breed ring is always a little intimidating as you see the Champions enter and then Winners Dog followed by Winners Bitch. Being a Specialty there were lots of entries so it is a beautiful site to see all the Black Belgians in the ring. After examining the entries and announcing Best of Breed I once again was so shocked to see the judge point at me and state "Best of Winners" and "Award of Merit". He told me she was a beautiful dog and loved her movement and structure. This is a day that I will always remember - another dream come to reality in the world of dog shows.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

A HUGE CONGRATULATIONS!! Way to go, Kim and Tess!

Kathy Greer
Who is owned by 2 Malinois nuts in
Georgia

Amy said...

Congratulations! That is awesome! I can't wait till I have a dog I can show, I have 4 dogs now and since I got them when I was young I didn't think to get a purebred to show. My next dog will certainly be a show dog. You'd think being a trainer I'd have one by now! I have been in the ring before showing for someone else though, so I have a bit of experience. Again, Congrats! Tess is beautiful by the way!

I would love to follow your blog but I don't see a follow button..

-Amy
Motivating Your Dog

Sac Hermes Constance said...

Studio room, a sort of Monster headphone that's superb visibility, in which could you view it? With Christian Louboutin Boots sports activities sales channel as well as entertainment sales channel, Facility is rather pointed. Before Universe Tumbler, when players from on the nations in this world bought over vehicles, School ended up almost their own necks. Nba celeb Kobe also is a person of Monster Beats by Dr . Dre Studio Christian Louboutin pumps room, and also the Lakers.surpasses by just dre professional Also, sports activity superstars the same as Adam, Howard and the like, this company is furthermore loyal supporters of Monster Beats by Dr . Dre Studio. But is not only that, actors for instance Pharrel williams, Could.d.am, Eminem, Keri Hillson, in addition to Gwen Stephani usually are customers with Studio room Christian Louboutin Shoes also; we can notice that in any forms of activity exhibits. Exactly what would make Beats by Dr . Dre Studio end up being golf ball movie star Kobes exclusively appreciate? What makes sport activity famous actors really do the consumers of Monster Beats by Dr . Dre Facilities? The reason superstars present selected opt to bests studio headphones? From the soon after, nicely placed this kind of top secret started Christian Louboutin Sandals out!