Thursday, December 10, 2009

Frozen Shoulder

My knee was one year old on December 2 and I am so totally thrilled with the difference in my life now that my knee doesn't limit me and cause pain like it has since I was in high school. However, I'm really discouraged right now because I have been diagnosed with a "new" orthopedic condition. Now, I know I shouldn't be discouraged but if you know me I have had more than my fair share of medical problems ... knee, feet, ankle, gall bladder, Bell's Palsy, female issues and the list goes on. Oh well, I start physical therapy on Tuesday and pray for good results because right now movement with my left arm is very minimal and very painful.



"Frozen shoulder, or adhesive capsulitis, is a condition that causes restriction of motion in the shoulder joint. The cause of a frozen shoulder is not well understood, but it often occurs for no known reason. Frozen shoulder causes the capsule surrounding the shoulder joint to contract and form scar tissue"

No comments: