Monday, October 15, 2007

Mickey Doodle Bug




What a busy, busy weekend!! My local Obedience Club sponsored a Trial and I was the Hospitality Chairman . The trial had about 80 entries so there were lots of dogs, lots of people and lots of excitement. Our trial was held on Panorama Drive on the grass in front of BC overlooking the bluffs. The day began with a driver crashing into a parked car and totalling it and damaging 2 other cars. Luckily no one was hurt and no dogs were hurt although there were some in the cars.

Mick was entered in Novice Obedience and his first try in Rally Excellent. On Saturday Mick got his first leg in Obedience earning a 2nd place!! I was thrilled because I have always wanted to earn an obedience title but Mick hated strict obedience so I went to Rally but now that he has matured he was ready to compete and he showed me he could do it!! Sunday he had a 1st place going in both events till he broke a down stay in both events thus disqualifying him. Oh well, I learned a lot and Mick proved that he knew his stuff so now he will accompany me as I show Saucie and I'll try to finish his Companion Dog CD Title.

Here are a couple of pictures of Mick and I in the Rally Ring and one of Mick on his "down" in the obedience ring. I'm having the time of my life.

No comments: