Sunday, September 23, 2007

1st in Class, Reserve Winner


My mom,Saucie and I drove down to Santa Ana last weekend for the Santa Ana Dog Show. I invited Mom because her best lifelong friend, Edith Rae lives down there and I saw it as an opportunity for her to get away, visit her friend and see me at one of my dog shows. We arrived in Orange Co. Friday evening and went to dinner and visited with EdithRae and then went to our Motel 6 for a nights sleep before the dog show. It poured down rain that evening which concerned me because it was an outdoor dog show at Cypress College but, the next morning it was overcast with clouds but only an occassional sprinkle.
We arrived at the dog show early and Mom was very interested in all the different breeds and activities around the show. Saucie was brushed and readied for the show where she was entered in the Open Bitch Orange, Cream & Sable Class. A lot of dogs had dropped out because of a Parvo scare in Orange and the rainstorm but Saucie was ready! She looked gorgeous and showed well other than a little timidness when the judge examined her but she looked beautiful and I was very hopeful for her. Well, she placed third and Mom and Edith Rae were quite surprised because she was obviously the best looking Pom there (we weren't biased at all!!)
I got the opportunity to talk with other Pom people and had one person even look Saucie over and evaluate her after the show. Her conclusion, she loved Saucie and gave me lots of encouragement, she even said she would be thrilled to show her. However, probably her best advice to me was that when I went out into the ring tomorrow to go in knowing I would win, be positive !!!
Sunday morning we repeated our drive and set-up at the dog show. Saucie once again brushed and beautiful looked ready to go into the ring but I knew that today we would have a more positive attitude, I was confident we would do well. When Saucie's class was called we went in with confidence and she showed beautifully, she even behaved well on her exam by the judge and then he had us go around the ring and placed Saucie in front. My excitement was growing, could it be? Was she her favorite? YES!!! Saucie took the Blue Ribbon in her class and went on to win Reserve Winner which means if the winning bitch had won best of breed Saucie would have gone in the final round to compete for Winners Bitch. A very thrilling and successful day, now my next goal is to win some points on Saucie and then on to her Championship!!! It was a lot of fun and it was fun to have my Mom there watching me and Saucie.
I'm waiting to post this till my Win Picture is mailed. So when this is posted there should be a picture with Saucie and I and the judge who awarded her 1st Place.
CONGRATULATIONS SAUCIE, THANK YOU JULIE CLEMEN for the gift of Saucie and the opportunity to learn how to show the beautiful Rise and Shine's She's So Hot (SAUCIE)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

CONGRATS! She looks so cute in that picture!