Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Saucie , Ready for the Show


School has started once again but for the first time in many , many years it hasn't been a big occasion. After being a district nurse for 17 years I find myself working as a Program Nurse for the Kern Co. Supt. of Schools in a program that has year round school so there isn't a beginning and an end to the classes. I work in Alternative Ed and do health assessments on students that are incarcerated or students that are attending Community School and the majority of my day is working with Pregnant and Parenting Teens. It is an exciting change and I still have a lot to learn but I think the change is going to be good.


I'm preparing to go to Santa Barbara on Saturday with Saucie where I have entered her in her first California show. I'm anxious to see how I do without my Washington friends at ringside but I know they are excited that I'm taking this big step. Saucie has been washed, brushed, trimmed , walked and practiced on the table so hopefully we are ready. Saucie has adjusted well to her new home and she and I have formed a real bond so hopefully she will trust me in the ring and together we can make Rise N Shine Pomeranians proud of us!! It will be fun and it will be good experience.


Saucie practicing her stand on the table

No comments: